September 8, 2017

ANOTHER LDW IN CHICAGO // THURSDAY, FRIDAY, & SATURDAY

I just realized that this was my fourth Labor Day Weekend in a row in Chicago and let me tell you, the Windy City really knows how to serve up some amazing weather around this time of the year.

This time, Joe and I had two friends in town (our Cornell BFF, Mike, and my German Appalachian Trail friend, Napster) and we all hung out non-stop with Maggie and her boyfriend John. It was the best, most jam-packed, tiring weekend I've had in soo long. Here's what we did on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

On Thursday, Napster got into town. I hadn't seen him since last July! He'd never been to Chicago so obviously Joe and I took him out for deep dish. The best part was when he tried to order corn on his pizza. Corn! Apparently it's a pretty popular thing to do in Europe though!

On Friday, Mike got into town! Ahhh. It was so great to have everyone together. We met up with Maggie and John and went out for dinner in Lakeview. Because I had a half marathon planned for early on Saturday, Friday night was a bit less fun than it could've been (no drinking, no Jeni's, headed home early for bed), but I still loved being out with so many favorites. 

On Saturday morning, I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:45 and ran the Chicago Women Rock Half Marathon! 

More on this to come, but it was pretty epic.

After the run, Joe and I met up with Maggie, John, and Mike for one of the most incredible brunches I've ever had in Chicago. I'd use the words life changing here to describe the cinnamon rolls and french toast. 

Because we weren't already stuffed enough, we went out to a bar after. We sat outside with our pints for a couple of hours and I felt like I was back in college again. It was so fun! We also played multiple rounds of "Reveal Yourself" (it's actually called loaded questions, but I think the accidental name I once called it is way better ;p). 

After that we headed back to Maggie's and picked up even more stuff (beer) and Mike and I made micheladas which has become one of my absolute favorite drinks. 

Later that night, we met back up with Napster who'd been playing tourist with another friend all day and had a Spaghetti Saturday. Mike and I did all the cooking, and I'd say we did pretty good. We even had fresh basil and fancy parmesan. 

Oh yeah, and then there was keylime pie too. That was pretty yum.

Stay tuned for Sunday and Monday. xo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment