Yesterday, the amis and I piled into Ami M's car for a wine tour! We headed west from Cayuga Lake to Seneca Lake, where I was coincidentally with the lovely mother the other week for a wine tasting/lunch. In total we went to five wineries and if I'm not mistaken, had more than 30 different wines!
We started our day out at Catherine Valley Winery, which of the five we went to was my least favorite. I feel like least favorite is pretty harsh though, since it wasn't bad at all. Drinking wine in good weather with good friends with lake views can pretty much never be a bad thing. The wines were just more American-y tasting.
Second to last we ended up at the Hector Wine Company. It had a huge shaggy dog that really liked Le Copain (and would pretty much only give him her paw lol). The wines were also pretty tasty. Probably even tastier than the wines was the homemade honey mustard that accompanied the pretzels at their bar. I'm kind of regretting the fact that I didn't buy a bottle of that.
After the tour, we all headed back to Ithaca. Upon arriving home, I promptly passed out for three hours. That's how you can tell it was a good day :)






Aw, sounds and looks like a good time. Great photos. :)
ReplyDelete