Here are a bunch of moments from it:

Almost as soon as we got to Long Island we headed off to the beach to explore. We always find the coolest rocks. I found one that someone had drawn a heart on with charcoal, which seemed like some pretty good luck.

Just my toes on a rocky beach. Can you notice the start of some awkward tan lines? It isn't summer without them!


Of the four of us who came, only two of us had been to Amie V's house before. While we were at the beach, I decided that Amie L and Amie DT needed some "initiation". That is, initiation in the form of climbing the huge hill off the beach (with me). It takes so much work to get to the top, but the views are unbeatable and going down it is so fun. It feels like you're walking in outer space.
After working up an appetite at the beach, we ate some carrots and berries and then decided we were lunched up enough to eat ice cream.
What a perfect lunch. I think five year old me would approve of my current life choices.
We also went down to the docks to hang out. It was pretty gray out, but not raining, which is good enough for me any day.
Soon after we got back we had snacks, dinner, and margaritas.
So much love. ❤
And in case you're wondering, here's what happens after two margaritas.
After dinner we went back down to the beach to hangout and catch the sunset.
Um, wow.

And once the sun was down, the fireworks came out.




We spent the rest of the night watching fireworks along the beach and in the distance across the sound in Connecticut and setting of some of our own too (not that I touched anything more risky than a sparkler or Roman candle).




















Looks like your 4th of July was eventful. Can't go wrong with funky tan lines. :]
ReplyDelete// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Gosh that ice cream looks delicious! Looks like you had an amazing day! x
ReplyDeleteGreat pics, looks like you had a great time. I too was out in the Hamptons for the holiday. My friends & I left NYC bright & early to go to my parents summer home in Amagansett. What a fun wknd. Not to mention, you were wearing some adorable looks.
ReplyDeletewww.stylegonerogue.com
My roommate and I keep talking about going to the Hamptons or getting invited to one of those crazy party mansions (if only we knew someone). Despite a bunch of trips to Long Island, I've actually never been to the Hamptons.
DeleteAnd thanks! Hope you had a fun 4th too (and didn't hit too much traffic!)