Catching the sunrise Saturday morning from the Brooklyn Bridge.
I feel like at this point, all my friends are used to me coming up with crazy plans. Strangely enough, they go along more often than not. As a result, we've taught art classes, seen the Matisse exhibit at MoMA at midnight, hiked four mountain/twenty miles in one day, finished an entire bottle of tequila in one night, and as of Saturday, caught the sun rising over NYC from the Brooklyn Bridge.
We left the apartment at 5:30 in the pitch black and took the F all the way to Brooklyn. Exiting the subway, the dark sky was only just starting to vanish. We zigzagged through the streets until we found the stairs up to the bridge.
The silhouetted views from the bridge are like no others. You can see glimpses of almost everything in NYC. The Midtown skyline, the Downtown skyline, the Stature of Liberty, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and more.

Panoramic views, you might say!

And then we walked.
Watched.
And waited.

We also found a #SweetSelfieSpot (said in a skater's accent, of course!).

And waited some more. (And listened to sunny songs and inevitably took tons of pictures ... well mostly me, but AB and DB did too).

At 7:04, the sun started to show itself and peaked over the buildings. It was so bright and beautiful. (And just a little bit blinding.)
Suddenly the sun was risen, and we were famished from our adventures and began to head north to Soho. More specifically, to the cronut line at Dominique Ansel's Bakery!
This is how the pigeons along the cronut line were posed. It's like they were mocking us. Or maybe just hoping to be given admission into the bakery for cronuts of their own.
The line moved slowly and we were cold and hungry, but after sitting down inside to eat our cronuts I think we all agreed that we would go through that again for one.
This month's flavor was crazy! It was coated cinnamon sugar, had gingerbread frosting, was filled with valrona chocolate and pear, and it was garnished with a speculoos cookie. Whoa. If I ever had to request a last meal, this could be it.
Before we parted ways, we ran into this adorable dog. Apparently he is owned by a dry cleaner and just chills outside by himself. I named him Prince Sullivan because those were the cross streets of the dry cleaner and I'd like to go back and find him someday. ;)
After a quick stint at the gym, I made it back to my apartment at noon, and having such a full day at such an early hour felt like a bit of an accomplishment so I gave myself permission to go back to bed until the early evening.


















Beautiful pictures! Love the place!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}
Thank you so much! It was my first time on the Brooklyn Bridge and it certainly was beautiful.
DeleteSuch a beautiful sunrise! Nice shots ♥
ReplyDeletesummerdaisy.net
Thank you :)
Deletesuch beautiful pictures! I want that doughnut and desperately want to visit NY!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.footnotesandfinds.com/
Thanks :)
DeleteNYC (and the whole state) is wonderful. Would definitely recommend the cronut (the flavor changes every month, but they're all incredible).
All of the photos are wonderful, but I love the yes graffiti!
ReplyDelete