

We picked a spot close to the water and far from the boardwalk, which helped us avoid the massive crowds. We were classy and drank sparkling blood orange soda (and by classy, I mean we didn't have cups so were throwing back), ate goat cheese/spinach/carrot/avocado sandwiches and super melted chocolate (I don't know why I thought chocolate was a good idea to bring to the beach...) while taking in the sun for many hours (too many hours based on my all-too-noticeable sunburns today).

Later in the afternoon after D went home to watch the World Cup game, Amie L and I walked the whole main stretch of the Coney Island boardwalk, which was really cool. We got to watch some really cool kites, the amusement park rides, and all those other good people watching things that come with being in NYC (like some guy was just biking with a rainbow parrot on his shoulder!).
After all that, Amie L and I headed up to Park Slope in Brooklyn to meet my other Ami L! Two Ami(e) L's in the same place. Whoa. Amie L eventually headed home to eat dinner with D and Ami L and I got sushi before I headed back to Westchester. It was a wonderful, but jammed pack Sunday indeed.




Hi Erin!
ReplyDeleteThank you soooooo much for your comment!
You totally made my day!!!
:)
I like your photos!and I really think you had a great time in Coney Island!
Have a great week!
looks like such a fun day!
ReplyDeletexo jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com