August 25, 2014

Au Revoir, Old Red!


This weekend, I got a new laptop! Big deal? Yes. Huge deal.
After 6.75 years of chugging along, my old Dell laptop clunker that I got for my sixteenth birthday has finally been retired and traded up for a much younger and much hotter Macbook (but not literally hotter because my old laptop had a broken fan...).

Before I mention anything about my new laptop, let's quickly talk about my old laptop because I had it for 6.75 years. If it were a person, it would be going into first grade! Old Red (I never called it that, but it is old and it is red) was a good laptop. It was my first non-shared laptop and it carried me through half of high school, all of college, and contained large portions of my life over those years.

Old red took its beatings over the years. I never cracked the screen or spilled coffee on it, it never caught on fire or started smoking (those maladies have all happened to different friends/family members), however, Old Red had missing keys, hadn't held longer than a two hour charge in four years/any charge in more than two years, and suffered three disabling viruses. Long story short... it was old and rundown but powered through to the very end.


Now as I put Old Red to rest, I'm happy to finally have a highly functioning computer that can watch movies or write blog entries or have ten windows open without it crashing. I think that's all anyone ever wants in a laptop, so here's to what could be 6.75 years with this new laptop. ❤

And out of curiosity...

How long have you had your laptop?
Less than 1 year
1 - 2 years
3 - 4 years
5 - 6 years
6+ years
Poll Maker

2 comments:

  1. Where's the option in your poll for NO LAPTOP? haha :( My macbook died last year (at age 2) and I have been making do without ever since. I rely on my work laptop or my bf's tablet.
    So impressed that your Dell gave you 6.75 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!
      Hoping mine doesn't suffer a similar fate.
      Doing without a laptop is really hard - I can't believe you've been without a personal one for a year! Hopefully a new laptop is in your near future too ;)

      Delete