July 21, 2014

A 2014 Trip To The 1000 Islands










Sorry it has been a little quiet over here lately, but I should be back to stay (and regale you with (possibly) enthralling tales of my life) for the rest of the summer (assuming work doesn't get too busy)! Yay oh yay!

I spent last week in The 1000 Islands, which is where the extended family on my mom's side vacations every summer. In total there were twenty of us on vacation, including Le Copain who was able to come too!

While it was such a relaxing trip, we did so much too. Some activities for the week included typical outdoorsy things like kayaking, hiking, and swimming (since that's what type of family we are). We played tons of games such as Nine Down, Trouble, Spud, and soccer. Went on adventures like venturing off the island for a fancy riverside dinner with Le Copain and on a family boat tour to Boldt Castle (which besides the fact of being incredible, is the most tragic of love stories!). There was also lots and lots of ice cream eating and visiting with family and talking about the Periodic Table since that is one of the eight year old cousin's obsessions these days. There were also a few minor incidents, but on the whole many great times were had.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! I've never been there, but def on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel realllllly bad about this but I actually thought that "1000 island" was a made up name for salad dressing. Please don't judge me!!! I'm not from the US!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a common mistake! I actually think 90% people in NY actually think that it is just the name of the salad dressing too!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a really fun trip!! :) You look cute in your pink dress!

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete