April 18, 2015

New York Minutes (Resumed)

Now I'm in the mood to be chattier. So let's chat. And by "let's", I mean I'll chat in this little posticle, and I'd love it if you commented (I promise I'll comment back!) or posted a link to your blog or something, because chatting isn't as fun if no one chats back. Sad turn to take. I know. 

This week was such a great week full of springtime and sunshine.  Also today? Almost eighty degrees and 100% gorgeous! I felt like I was falling in love with the world all over again.

This week I...

01. Got a lot done at work.  But then there really wasn't much more to do so I contemplated initiating my first professional discussion. That is, something along the lines of "Boss, I'd like to take on more responsibilities"). So I gave myself the deadline of doing that by the end of Friday, except plot twist!

One of my co-workers got promoted, which is awesome because she definitely deserved it, except I didn't want to make it seem like the conversation I was going to initiate was because of that. So nope. I didn't initiate that professional conversation. :|

02. I started reading Just Kids by Patti Smith. She reminds me a little bit of a friend I once had who went to art school (and whom I use to reenact scenes from the Maury Show with. That was a thing.)

03. And I made terrible scones. I've never chucked a whole recipe, but there's a first for everything. 

04. And started watching The Fall on Netflix, which one of my co-workers recommended. This is the same one who sits next to me and recommended Van Leeuwen's ice cream and was promoted earlier this week. She's on a roll that girl.

& on Friday I...



05. Visited MoMA on my way home from work to see one of the Björk exhibits. So weird, but I can't get the song out of my head. Also, I didn't know that she's from Iceland but it's kind of funny since I spent a few hours of my week planning a future fake trip to Iceland.



06. Then I met up with Amie DB for the B&W cookies we've been wanting to try for a few weeks and walked along the East River before stumbling into a burger bar. We didn't drink any alcohol, but it was definitely a nice kind of happy hour. Dessert before dinner is always a great way to go. ;)

07. And I figured I'd throw this one in at the end... Even though I didn't initiate that professional conversation, my boss actually ended up coming up to me on Friday and handed me a new account. Really quite funny how that worked out. 

Now about that chatting part. It's your turn! 
What are a few things that happened in your week?

2 comments:

  1. i am addicted to black & white cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty easy to be ;)
      Thinking I might need to find myself another this Friday.
      -E

      Delete