July 14, 2015

Singapore :: Part 3

And finally the last travel post from my trip last month to Singapore and Cambodia. Relieved now, are you?



After sleeping in until noon to reenergize ourselves after our Cambodian adventures, we ventured out to Mount Faber to see the city and go over to the island Sentosa via cable cars.




Singapore is a huge port city. The mix of urban and industrial along with tropical trees was really something else.


Here's a closeup shot of the Merlion, Singapore's national mascot. A random mascot, if you ask me, but my high school mascot was the Quakers, so... Yup. It does look pretty majestic though!

On Sentosa we met a snake charmer and this happened.



After seeing the city from a cable car, we made our way further into the center of the city to ION Sky, to get another impressive overhead view of the city.

At night we went to a night safari at the Singapore Zoo. Although it was too dark to take pictures, we go so close to all the animals. Tigers included! My cousin Hannah loved it. We all did actually.


On our last day in Singapore, we toured all the cultural villages. Little India, Arab Street, and Chinatown again! We started out in Little India.



Everything was so colorful and wonderful.



Next we went to Arab Street. We strolled around and ate lunch on Arab Street and had falafel, haloumi, tomato and cucumber salad, pita bread with spreads and mint tea.


Our final destination of the afternoon was Chinatown. After Dan and I went to the fish spa in Cambodia, Hannah had her heart set on also going to a fish spa. For the record (because I was horrible at it and couldn't stick my feet for more than ten seconds at a time) Hannah was even more squirmy.


Once we made it home, we had a little happy hour where my aunt and her housekeeper taught us how to make spring rolls and nine year old Hannah prepared a fancy fruit salad. There may have been some champagne too ;)



Just some pictures of my two cousins because I think they're pretty cute.


After my cousins went to bed, my aunt and uncle took me and Dan out on the river.





We ate sushi on the river and celebrated our last night in town with some more pinot noir (you know you want to sing it ;p) because it's my aunt's favorite.



Then we went to the Gardens By The Bay to soak in our last views of Singapore before leaving early the next morning.

I didn't really know what to expect when going over to the other side of the world, but what a wonderful trip we had.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful photos, it looks like a wonderful trip. I'd love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving all your travel photos, looks like a dream! :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mural of the bulls is incredible! I'm planning a trip to Asia for next summer and it keeps getting longer and longer as I learn about more places to visit - Singapore just made the list!!

    littlegirlinabiggerworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, looking great! Never been to Singapore - hopefully one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've seen so much, I'd love to get there

    Krissie x- http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete