July 17, 2015

This Week In NYC

Hi there! Are you glad it's weekend too? Dumb question, I know. Of course you are. Happy weekend to you too!

I'm back to tell you about my past week (like I always do). Here are a bunch of fun things that went down.
Wine Tasting At Work
Since I've been working on the New York State alcoholic beverage campaigns, my team figured it was more than fitting to bring New York State alcoholic beverages to our in-office bar. (Yes, you read that one right). So on Monday, Wölffer Estates came to do a wine tasting! There were two rosés, a rosé cider, and a regular cider. Drinking at 4pm at work on a Monday was weird, but AWESOME.

A House Guest
Amie DB and I had a family friend of her boyfriend staying with us, which was pretty fun even if our paths only crossed like three times throughout the week.

Eataly
Joe was in town until Tuesday after spending the end of last week with me and my family in the Thousand Islands (more on that to come soon!). On Monday, we walked downtown after I finished work and we had delicious gnocchi, something else called gnocchi that wasn't traditional gnocchi (and delicious nonetheless), and then gelato while trying to catch Manhattanhenge (to no avail).


Hula Hoopin'
On our walk from my office to Eataly, Joe and I came across free hula hooping in Herald Square.  I ende up giving it a little go myself. Apparently it's 6-7 every weekday night. So yup. If you're in New York you should get on it ;) I think I may try to do it again soon.

A BBQ 
Another one in an outdoor backyard. Things I wish I had in my life all the time...

Beyoncé
It was one of my co-workers birthdays and her family had a Beyoncé impersonator come in and sing for ten minutes. My whole side of the office completely ceased working for those 10 amazing minutes.

As for this weekend, Amie DB and I are really hoping to hike at Bear Mountain. We were hoping to do the Adirondacks, but a 40% chance of rain turned into 80%, so no... that isn't happening anymore.

Anyway, what are you up to this weekend, mes amies?

0 comments:

Post a Comment