March 10, 2015

Popping Tags 02

After the amies and I went to City Bakery two weekends ago, we went thrifting at Buffalo Exchange! I first discovered it in the East Village when Le Copain and I went to Momofuku on his birthday and had extra time, but it turns out they have one in Chelsea too that's tons bigger and super awesome.

Even though thrifting often gets overlooked as something only to be done on a budget or if you're a quirky Tavi-Gevinson-like teenager, it's one of my favorite things (even though I am on a budget and even though I am a little quirky and even though I pretty much get mistaken for a sixteen year old every other week (true story)). 

The outfit above is my best thrifting find to date. The dress is a Yumi Kim piece that I had continuously admired online last summer, but never bought because the price tag. Finding it felt a little like fate. And the shoes? None other than Jimmy Choos. I was so excited that I *probably* pranced around the dressing room for a half hour in them... or more. A girl can pretend to be Carrie Bradshaw for a bit can't she though?! I'd like to think so at least.

As for a few other thrifting bits... 
Here (even though blurry) Amie L tried on the Jimmy's and finally got to be the tallest!

Can we pause for a moment on this one... These are the two bestest best amies I made in second grade. Like this is totally one of those "Started from the bottom now we here" moments. I feel like when I tell people that I'm still best friends with the same friends I made in second grade they don't even believe me because who ever does that these days? I can't say, but I'm so glad we did. 

Compare. Contrast. Comfort. Style. Which do you usually prioritize?
(For me it's comfort even though I'm the one in the Jimmy's. )

The Cost Breakdown
Joie Linen Sweater
Thrifted - $35

Rachel Zoe Sweater (in navy)
Thrifted - $30

Yumi Kim Dress
Thrifted - $30.

Yellow Metallic Jimmy Choos (Old design, likely retail new between $550.00 and $650.00)
Thrifted - $58.00


Popping Tags 01 here.

2 comments: