August 25, 2015

A Bunch Of Recent Things

Late is better than never. 
Yup. That's always my motto. 

Here are a bunch of things from the past month that I forgot to blog about:

Amie DB and I went out for a fancy dinner. We had a gift card that we got as a thank you earlier this summer for hosting the daughter of Amie DB's boyfriend's mother's friend for a week. Dinner was a little more exciting than our standard Trader Joe's curries. ;)


A few weekends ago I took a train into Port Chester on Saturday night to meet up with Amie AB and Amie AL. We went to Bartaco which I'd heard nothing but good things about and drank margaritas and ate fresh tacos, guac, and the best grilled corn I've ever had (probably because it was covered in cheese lol).


A different weekend when I was home, Amie AB and I went on a 12 mile bike ride, grabbed brunch, and found a farmers market too! It was a hot, but beautiful day.

Last week I got together with my lovely Cornell roommate R. We had margaritas (I'm sensing a theme here, are you? ;)) and Mexican and went to the High Line. I'd never been at night before. The best part was running into a group of people all wearing white. I was coincidentally wearing white and they stole me for 2 minutes and we took pictures. It was so random!

I've been on lots of walks through Central Park recently. I almost always take the same path, but it always amazes me how much I'm able to unwind on those walks before I even get home.


I've also been exercising in Central Park. I always workout at the same rock outside the Central Park Mall and usually do the same workout I mentioned a few weeks ago. It doesn't make me sore anymore though, so I'm thinking I should switch it up and maybe start working on my guns or washboard abs...

In hopes that my knee gets better (ugh) I decided to replace my worn-out two year old pair. The running store I went to was super fancy and analyzed how I ran for no additional cost. I'd definitely recommend it.

And just to mention some work things because those are part of my life too. My title changed. It doesn't mean much since I'm doing the same job I've been doing since February, but it will make introducing myself to new clients a lot less awkward. Also my intern left (sadness), but I got a new team member. She already worked at my company and is Australian and two positions ahead of me. This might sound weird but she's such a good work role model. I've only been working with her for a week, but I'm learning so much from her.

And if you made it to the end, I think that's it for now. Thanks for reading and let me know what's going on in your life. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment