August 24, 2015

Burlington


Now for some Burlington adventures!

After our hike, Amie DB and I met up with her brother and his girlfriend and got dinner on Church Street. We ate cheese-loaded nachos, pizza, and Greek salad. All the cheesy goodness was exactly what we needed after our hike. 

When we finished dinner it was still light out so we explored Burlington and walked down to the waterfront.

Leave it to Burlington to make a cool sculpture out of recyclables, I tell you. 

When we arrived at the lakeshore the sun had just set, but the views were just as incredible as I remembered. 

Just some awkward kids making the most of a photo opp ;) 

 More awkward kids preparing to make the most of a photo opp.

One for the fridge, I believe.

When we went down to the water our original plan was to go back up to Church Street for some Ben & Jerry's. However, after noticing the Creemee stands by the water, we decided maple creemees (VT soft-serv) was where is was at. Definitely not a bad decision. 

Also leave it to Burlington to come up with this installation - a bike lock bike rack! (Say that one five times fast?)

After we all got back from dinner and the lake, we hung out with Amie DB's brother and his roommates. Ahh college days. We had some very frothy margaritas got to sit on a "couch" that was actually an old mini-van seat. As expected my favorite part was definitely the cup holders.

On Sunday morning, I managed to wake up way earlier than everyone else so I went for a walk around Burlington and UVM.

Talk about taking a walk down memory lane.

Once Amie DB and her brother were up, we had a quick bite and went to a spot for cliff jumping. It was actually quite a hike in, but nothing like our Mount Mansfield hike the day before.

Amie DB's brother was the only one who actually jumped off the cliffs (I was lame and didn't even swim), but the views sure were pretty! 

Afterwards, we made our last Church Street stop for brunch and hit the road to go back to NYC.

So long for now, Burlington. Hopefully I'll be back in less than four years this time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment