January 26, 2016

MLK Weekend In Chicago

Did anyone else freeze during MLK weekend? Chicago was sooo cold. Maybe it was because I forgot a scarf and didn't have my long puffy coat, but I hadn't been that cold since last February when I was in Chicago. Less than ten degrees with a "feels like" of -15 on the Sunday and Monday. I kept wanting to sing "I can't feel my face when I'm with you" to Joe, because for the first time since hearing it, the lyrics actually made sense to me. 

Since it was hard to go outside for more than five minutes, Joe and I had a pretty quiet weekend after returning from Wisconsin. This isn't to say it was a boring one though. 

We played Rock Band with Joe’s friend Max. And played with Max’s kitten!

Watched lots of Law and Order: SVU (seriously transports me back to my college days). 

Cooked up a big pot of tortellini soup and consumed it along with some Not Your Father’s Ginger Ales (!!!) and a bottle of Malbec. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment