Ever since Joe and I were introduced to ramen by our friend Lee, we have been on a ramen kick. In the past year we've probably gone out for it five or six times and we're not even together that much. Even though I love going out for ramen (Ippudo in NYC is my favorite), making it on my own has been something I've really wanted to do, so when Joe and I decided to stay in on Valentine's Day, we made ramen!
Besides the part where it took us more than an hour to actually find a grocery store that had ramen noodles in a blizzard (Whole Foods was the winner), it was so easy to make, and was the perfect warm, slurpy meal fit for hiding out on a blizzardy night.
In case you're interested in making your own, the recipe I used is below and was adapted from here + here + here:
Ingredients
1 32 oz Container Trader Joe's Miso Ginger Broth
32 oz Water
1 Large Onion (Chopped into thick slices)
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Package Fresh Shitake Mushrooms (Sliced with stems removed)
1 Package Ramen Noodles (~800 calories)
1 Package Bokchoy (4-6 bunches, each chopped in half)
2-4 Tbsp Canola Oil
Red Pepper
Green Onion
4 Eggs
Directions
1. In a large pot, combine broth with 4 cups of water and heat to a boil.
2. While broth boils, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil until soft.
3. Once soft, add onions along with mushrooms to the broth. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Sear bok choy in canola oil, flipping when one side browns slightly. Set aside.
5. Add ramen to the broth and turn back to a boil.
6. While the ramen cooks, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once fully boiling, drop 4 eggs in. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 7 minutes, submerge eggs in cold water, peel, and set aside.
7. Once the noodles have fully cooked, serve in bowls with broth. Add 1-2 bok choy halves to each. Then top with halved egg and add, and add chopped scallions, red pepper flakes, additional sesame oil, and soy sauce to taste.
Pro Tip: Trader Joe's mochi covered ice cream goes splendidly for dessert - Joe and I had strawberry. ;)
March 3, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About
Hi! I'm Erin (aka: Amie E)!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!




This sounds absolutely incredible. I have to make this veggie ramen immediately. :]
ReplyDelete// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
It looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}