November 17, 2016

10 THINGS FROM LAST WEEKEND


So I pretty much didn't take any pictures last weekend, but here's a little recap...

01. Rejection
Not the most fun way to kick this off, but it was the first thing that happened last weekend. I thought a job was a sure shot. I was wrong. C'est la vie.

02. Umami Burger
On Saturday night, Joe and I met up with our BFF Maggie. After two years of saying "We should go to Umami Burger", we finally went to Umami Burger. It was everything I had hoped for. The portabella burger was the best I've had in ages, the drinks were strong and fancy, and #friends <3.

03. Haymarket Brewery
After dinner, the three of us walked around the West Loop and stumbled upon the Haymarket Brewery. We got lucky finding seats by the bar, ordered Chicago-brewed beers, and chatted for hours.

04. Nike Run Club
On Saturday morning, I went to Nike Run Club again! I went with the "Sexy Pace" group (aka: the 10 minute/mile group), and it was such a good way to start my day. I even ended up running with a girl I ran with last weekend.

05. Trader Joe's 10th Anniversary
When I got home, Joe and I made our weekend grocery trip. It was actually our Trader Joe's 10th Anniversary. Besides getting our shopping done, we got lots of free cookies + some early eggnog :D. Also Joe decided to be a star and won us a pumpkin panettone by throwing a foam ball into a hoop. Of course this all came right after I almost hit a cashier with my attempt...

06. Saturday Night Get Together
On Saturday night, we went over to our friends Max and Anna's apartment for a get together with both of their friend groups. We played Rock Band, drank margaritas, ate too many cupcakes, and sat around the fire pit on the roof.

07. Donuts
On Sunday morning, Joe and I met up with some friends for our annual Sunday morning brunch at Stan's Donuts. Of course by brunch I mean, we all get donuts and coffee or tea, but I love it all the same.

08. Desperate Housewives
While we were at Max and Anna's, Anna had Desperate Housewives on. I've watched it all before, but I forgot how good it was.

09. Linzer Cookies
Round two! (This was round one).

10. It's Always Sunny (again)
Joe and I are still plugging along in watching through all the episodes. It's so good and we quote it to each other ALL. THE. TIME.

0 comments:

Post a Comment