


I saw another blogger do this for all of 2016 and thought it was pretty cool, so I decided I'd do it for the first month of 2017! Below are all the dinners I ate in January. I actually started journaling again at the end of 2016 (more on this at some point...) so I added a spot to write down my dinner every day at the top of each entry. Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly?), what I ate for dinner can evoke so many memories about a particular day for me, so it only makes sense for me to keep track of them.
1 - Fried Quinoa w/ Edamame, Green Beans, Sesame Oil, and Soy Sauce
To kick the New Year off on a healthy/easy note
2 - Soft Tacos w/ Black Beans, Peppers, Onions, Salsa, and Sour Cream
3 - Lasagna + Vegan Caesar Salad
For Joe's birthday at home
4 - Vegan Chili + Cornbread
5 - Leftover Lasagna + Leftover Vegan Caesar Salad
6 - Pepper, Carrot, and Mozzarella Panini
7 - Out at Umami Burger
For Joe's birthday celebrated out with friends
8 - Vegan Sweet Potato Mac n' Cheese + Arugula w/ Balsamic Dressing
9 - Leftover Vegan Chili + Leftover Sweet Potato Mac n' Cheese
10 - Winter Farro Salad + Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Panini w/ Raspberry Jam
11 - Vegetable Enchiladas w/ Beans, Peppers, Onions, and Corn
First time making enchiladas
12 - Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Panini + Sunny-Side-Up Egg
13 - Out Gino's East for Deep Dish + House Salad
(Courtesy of the best Groupon everrr)
14 - Leftover Enchiladas
15 - Out at Shake Shack for Fries and a Concrete :X
With friends who'd never been to Shake Shack before :O
16 - Chopped Asian Salad + Miso Soba Soup
17 - Leftover Soba Soup + Chopped Asian Salad
18 - Grilled Mozzarella and Cheddar Panini + Balsamic Marinated Broccoli and Peppers
19 - Vegetable Bean Soup
20 - Out at Big Star for Tacos + Escabeche + Margaritas
With friends to celebrate no other occassion than the end of a long week ;D
22 - Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings + Potato Skins w/ Broccoli and Cheddar
23 - Leftover Vegetable Bean Soup + Vegan Caesar Salad
24 - Huevos Rancheros w/ Beans, Onions, Peppers, and Corn
25 - Trader Joe's Daal Makhani over Brown Rice + Trader Joe's Naan
26 - Grilled Mozzarella and Cheddar + Balsamic Broccoli and Peppers
27 - Out at Dao for Pad Thai + Thai Iced Tea
With friends on a Friday
28 - Out at Trike for Ramen
With Maggie and Joe on a Saturday
29 - Pasta Bake (Pasta w/ Vegetables and Sauce, Covered in Mozzarella)
30 - Quinoa and Poblano Black Bean Burgers w/ Sweet Potato Fries + Chopped Asian Salad
31 - Leftover Quinoa and Poblano Black Bean Burgers w/ Sweet Potato Fries + Chopped Asian Salad
Leftover Nights: 6 (Usually I eat most of my leftovers as lunches at work)
Dinners Out: 6
Vegan: 8-11 nights (I didn't check whether the bread/pasta I was eating had eggs or dairy in them)
Paninis: 4 (I discovered the George Foreman Grill that Joe's been hiding from me (/forgot existed))
Vegan Caesar Salads: 4 (The dressing <3 )



0 comments:
Post a Comment