March 27, 2017

CHICAGO BREWERY HOPPING

On Saturday, Joe and I met up with Maggie, her boyfriend, John, and some of John's friends to go Chicago brewery hopping! We couldn't have made better plans. It was so rainy out! Brewery hopping was the perfect way to enjoy Chicago without actually being outside. 



We started out at the Revolution taproom, where I was that person who decided to try three smaller beers instead of one large one. If we're being honest I'm always *that* person lol. I got to try a peachy sour, a chocolatey porter, a nutty rye beer (whose name I forget), and Joe's beer too of course (because the guy can't order anything without me having a sip. ;) ) His was a strong stout that tasted a bit like madeira. 





After finishing our beers, we headed to Begyle Brewing, which was having Dog and Baby Day! It's exactly what it sounds like. Two of John's friends made it their goal to pet every dog there. We kept making jokes about how they shouldn't to do that with the babies, but then they went around and started trying to wave at all the babies. It was so funny! I got a delicious light Irish Red Ale. We also played skeeball and I came in 5th of 7th, which in case you're wondering is a good day for me.




For our third, we headed down the street to Half Acre for a quick drink since it was crowded and we were hungry. Per Maggie's reco, I ordered a Daisy Cutter.


We finished up our beers, and soon left to round out our day of drinking with a burgers and fries dinner. We also maybe all finished up with one beer. Ha.

PS: A few other fun brewery posts from the last few years...

0 comments:

Post a Comment