March 14, 2017

GREEN RIVER







Posting a few pics from Saturday morning when the Chicago River was dyed green for an early Saint Patrick's Day celebration!

I left my apartment at the same time I usually do on Saturdays for running club, but decided to bow out. Instead, I ran straight through the crowds and to the river. It was early and freezing cold, but there were so many people out! Trying to keep warm until the dyeing, I jogged up and down the river until the dye boats were in sight. The wait felt longer since it was so cold, but it was incredible to see how quickly the river transformed from murky gray to emerald green. Apparently the secret to the color change is 25 pounds of non-toxic orange vegetable dye, which turns green when combined with water. 


The color lasted through Sunday morning, but the water was back to its usual gray yesterday as I made my way into work. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment