March 23, 2017

LONG OVERDUE // A NEW YORK CITY APARTMENT TOUR

So it's been a over a year since Dori and I moved out of our NYC apartment. Like 14 months. I'm not sure why I never posted this because it has been sitting in my drafts 95% complete for over a year, but here it is! A tour of my (and Dori's) New York City apartment. (Well, my bedroom and the kitchen at least). 

Bedroom
Here are a few panoramas of my bedroom. Dori and I lived in a one bedroom apartment. My room was supposed to be the living room. The cons of this arrangement were that my room had no door, no closet, and that it was street facing. The upsides of this arrangement were that my room was always filled with lots of beautiful light, it was a huge room by NYC standards, the darling faux-fire place, and also that it was street facing because the fire escape was awesome!

Upon moving into my apartment, most of the furniture I got was from Craigslist. The bed frame, dresser, curtains, and rug were all Craigslist finds. I mostly stuck to a gray and white pallet, which I wasn't expecting to, but ended up really liking a lot.

Just to make sure my room wasn't all neutral colors, I added a few pops of color like this tassel comforter and pillows that I bought and Anthropologie. 

I also tried to choose fun, colorful artwork. The majority of my bulletin board actually ended up being postcards I got at different restaurants around the city. I couldn't find any of these the day before I moved to Chicago and would love to bring them to Chicago to decorate here too. 

I bought this Eames print on Etsy, which reminds me of when I took a design class in college. 

And this colorful print above I bought from a vendor in Soho. I passed him selling prints one weekend on my way home from brunch with friends. I looked for a bit, but didn't end up buying. The next weekend, I came back, found the guy, bought this print, and then got both this print and my Eames print framed. 

 My "closet".

And one last view/my shoe rack. 


Kitchen

And the kitchen! Dori and I put in the shelving and breakfast bar together over a couple late nights after working all day. I'm still so so proud of us for sawing, sanding, painting, nailing, and hanging both. They made our tiny space so much better. I miss it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment