March 19, 2017

THIS WEEK IN RUNNING // WEEK 2

The series continues! Technically the title should be "Last Weekend in Running", but since when have I been a technical person?

Last week, I started my running week on Saturday. That's when most of my running weeks start these days. I was planning to run three day, but it snowed on Monday and Tuesday and my knee wasn't 100%, so I skipped running altogether during the workweek. Yes, I know. (Excuses, excuses). Let's focus on the running that did happen though, shall we? ;)

SATURDAY // 3.4 MILES @ 9:30 MIN/MILE
SOLO AROUND DOWNTOWN CHICAGO

I was going to go to NRC, but the time conflicted with watching the Saint Paddy's Day Chicago River Dyeing so I decided to go to the river because #wheninChicago. I ran around the river, and when it was time for the dyeing, I got closer to watch. It was so cold out and I missed running my NRC crowd, but I'm glad I've now experienced some of the Saint Patrick's Day festivities in Chicago.

SUNDAY // 7.0 MILES @ 10:15 MIN/MILE
SOLO HEADING SOUTH ON THE LAKEFRONT PATH

This run was supposed to be longer (I was originally thinking of trying 12 or 13 miles and even brought a snack...), but I was dragging. The run felt fine, but it was one of those runs where I had one pace and one pace only. After a few miles, I resolved it'd be a 7 mile day. It was beautiful out, but I couldn't muster up any extra energy to tack on another 5 or 6.

WEDNESDAY // 0.0 MILES
A WALL SIT

Not a run, I know, but I did a wallsit for 7 minutes and 7 seconds, so I'm going to take that as a win and write about it here anyway.

TOTAL // 10.4 MILES

0 comments:

Post a Comment