Last Saturday night, I attended the end of the year senior Chemical Engineering casino night with Le Copain. Engineers are certainly where it's at. Everyone Le Copain knows is so fun and so easy to talk to. Engineers often are stereotyped as these nerdy people who don't know how to hold a conversation, but for 90% of them, that's the furthest thing from the truth.
When we got to the casino night, we received $1000.00 in chips and started off by learning to play craps, which was fun, but confusing since you can bet on a lot of different things. After craps, we made played blackjack for the rest of the night. We played and talked with so many people Le Copain knows. There was lots and lots of generic wine that everyone (except the designated drivers) drank lots and lots of, and as we played, I kept betting in increments of schfifty-five...
The magic of the schfifty-five actually worked for me and I ended up quadrupling my starting chips! I also played one round where I split three times (aka: had four hands going at once)! While none of the prizes auctioned off were relevant to me (e.g. dinners with some professors, a #1 ChemE Dad shirt...), Le Copain and I + his three ChemE group members pooled our chips to buy a framed photo of Cornell's Chemical Engineering Building that had the whole senior ChemE class's names signed around it. I'm honestly hoping they do a sisterhood of the traveling ChemE photo...
That time the magic of shfifty-shfive worked and I won a $1000 chip!





0 comments:
Post a Comment