May 10, 2014

Slope Day 2014

So, Thursday was Slope Day (aka: Cornell's end of year celebration)! Oh my. Such a great day and such a great last Slope Day! Still can't believe my time on the slope is almost over...

Ten days before Slope Day, Ami R proclaimed that there was a "very good chance it would rain on Slope Day". Talk about ridiculous statement of the year. Weather is too unpredictable to forecast anything more than a day or two. However, as of the of the night before Slope Day, it looked like rain was in the forecast and we all feared that Ami R was actually right. However, as in past years, Slope Day pulled through. It always does. Always. Thursday was 75 degrees, hazy, but sunny, and everyone has sunburns to prove it...






The amis and I started off the day at Amie M's with a bunch of her friends for a mimosa brunch. Seriously though, the champagne was flowing (even if it was mostly J. Roget). We then moved up the street to a backyard party, which was at the same place we've ended up the past few years on Slope Day. 



We then headed to the slope for the concert--3Lau (we missed them/him?), Matt and Kim (!!!), and Ludacris played. Matt and Kim. Oh man! I only knew their song Daylight, but they are so good that you don't actually have to know their music to have a good time. Most of the amis had never heard them before and loved them. They're just so fun. Kim kept taking her shirt off to wear sorority and frat pinnies which was so funny. Amie M and I aren't really the type of girls to have "girl crushes" but we decided we sort of had mini crushes on both Matt and Kim. Ludacris was also actually pretty great. I forgot how many songs he did. Like soundtrack to middle school right there!

And then perhaps the best, or at least funniest part of the day... 






On Wednesday afternoon, the amies went down to the sex shop in the commons. Yup. Instead of regular beach balls they bought an inflatable Tiger Woods sex doll. Sending that thing into the crowd was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Everyone around us thought so too. The best was when I got back late in the afternoon and one of the lovely roommates was sitting at the table. We started talking about our respective Slope Day experiences and she asked me if I had seen the blowup doll and I got to tell her that we brought it. The look on her face was the greatest. :p


And then we all crashed. (And ate at Aladdin's for dinner since that's our tradition).

PS: This week has been a crazy one. Instead of putting some Friday links, I've linked to my favorite three Matt and Kim songs and the three Ludaa songs I know the best. Hope you all have nice weekends! xo

Matt and Kim 1. Daylight
2. Let's Go (this was so good live!)
3. It's Alright


Ludacris 
1. Money Maker 
2. Yeah! (Usher ft. Lil Jon and Ludacris)
3. Move

1 comments:

  1. Aw, this all looks like so much fun!!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete