I recently was talking to two of the amis. They'll both be in California next year...one in San Diego, the other in Berkeley. I've never actually been to California or on the other side of The Mississippi for that matter, which is awkward because everyone assumes that since I ski raced in middle/high school and still ski instruct that I've definitely been out west to ski... NOPE! That being said, I think it would be awesome for this young woman to head west for a change. Here's what I'm thinking... a Cornell "reunion" with all the amis in California for a Highway 1 roadtrip this winter!
We would all meet up in San Diego. In San Diego we'd go to the beach and eat some of the most authentic Mexican food on this side of the border (and margaritas... definitely can't forget about those!). We would then rent a car to begin our drive up Highway 1 along the very scenic California coastline.
Our first stop would be in L.A. We'd stay there for a day or two to explore Hollywood (maybe see a movie set or two), Beverly Hills, maybe go to Disney Land, and enjoy America's second largest (sprawl-iest, and most Kardashian-filled) city.
We'd then make our way up to the San Francisco/Berkeley area all the way up Highway 1 stopping whenever something cool came up whether that be cool views, beaches, random quirky tourists destinations, surfer gangs, interesting restaurants, whatever really... When in California!
Then we'd arrive in San Francisco. We'd see the Golden Gate Bridge, take a cable car, maybe visit the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory, and one of the days we would head to Sonoma/Napa for some wine country touring/tasting!
Then after all is said and done, we would all go back to our own corners of the U.S. and dream of our next trip together.








0 comments:
Post a Comment