June 5, 2014

Graduation Part 1 :: Convocation

So finally my graduation posts start  (I was waiting to get pics off my mom's iPhone...)
I think there will be three of these posts, but who knows. Graduation weekend was pretty darn lovely and may call for four postings. Or five. Probably three though.  Anyway (I'm really working on not saying anyways anymores because I'm supposed to be an adult or something), since Cornell is such a huge school, graduation takes place over two days. Convocation was on Saturday and Commencement was on Sunday. There were also a bunch of other things in there... receptions, a BBQ, a post-graduation dinner, some photo sessions, etc.


For Convocation, Ed Helms who plays fictional Cornell alumni, Andy Bernard on The Office spoke (as well as Cornell's president and the senior class president (who is a friend of Ami R and has introduced himself to the amis and me about ten times over the last three years...). Ed Helm's speech was so good. So many good pieces of advice, not to mention it was so funny. Ed Helms's speech can be found here...  You should watch it... I do recommend it! Here are some snippets from that bit of Saturday morning...

0 comments:

Post a Comment