While in the 1000 Islands a few weeks ago, my two 8 year old cousins wouldn't stop singing this song. I had never heard it despite it's 80+ million YouTube views (that shows how old I am...), but it is so funny, cute, and a bit educational (as it turns out, the video was originally used as a public service announcement in Australia). I've seriously been humming on the reg since the trip. It's so catchy!
The two cousins loved it so much that I heard at least three or four parodies of it during the week. The most popular being "Dumb Ways To Die With The Elements" and (the parent-encouraged) "Smart Ways To Live" (haha). Below is a little clip of one of the cousins singing his element version of the song. It was crazy how obsessed he is with them. He knows tons of the symbols and atomic numbers and spent the week asking every member of the family what their favorite elements were over and over and over again. I had to say carbon, although I like iron too (insert vegetarian joke here or something).
Take your toast out with lead indeed.
(Sorry for the lame video quality :|)



0 comments:
Post a Comment