I haven't posted one of these in ageeess. I pretty much haven't done anything in the kitchen since I've been home and everything I've made for dessert has been frozen (insert gratutitous "Let It Go" chorus here... or don't)... You can even view Instagram for proof. This dessert is obviously no exception to my recent frozen dessert trend, but remember how I mentioned that I wanted to make ice cream (of a hipster flavor variety) in July? Well, I decided to be contrary and make sorbet instead BUT I did make it in the ice cream maker so I think that counts ;)
Recipe ::
3 cups water
1 cup sugar
6 peaches
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 ginger root, grated (or to taste)
Directions ::
Set oven to 400 degrees.
Peel peaches and cut in half, set face down on a baking tray. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
(The roasting gives the peaches a peach pie/cobbler flavor rather than a fresh-off-the-tree flavor and helps with pureeing them better.)
Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Remove peaches from oven. Combine in a blender with sugar water.
Finely grate the ginger root. Juice the lemon. Add both to the blender mixture.
Once blended, (depending on if you have an ice cream maker (I do)) either...
- Put mixture in the fridge to cool for 2+ hours and once cooled, transfer to ice cream maker following its directions, until the mixture is frozen in consistency and transfer that back into containers to store in the freezer.
- Put mixture in containers and put in the freezer. Let sit in the freezer for an hour, stir, and then stir every 30 to 45 minutes until the mixture is frozen (so it doesn't become a block of ice).



MMMMmmm love the idea of roasting the peaches!
ReplyDelete