August 14, 2014

Sangria Saturdays


Last weekend, I finally got around to making the rose sangria I had been enamored with since the beginning of the summer. Yes, enamored. I really was that taken by the recipe. And gosh. I had every right to be that enamored. It was just as good in person as it was on paper and in the photographs. I managed to round up three lovely amies who were home to share it with and we kind of maybe finished the entire pitcher (which contained 1.5 L of wine) within forty minutes. I will definitely be making this deliciousness again :)

My (Mildly Adapted) Recipe ::

1 1.5 bottle of wine (I went cheap because I figured it didn't make sense to spend tons on wine that would be doctored up a ton anyways, the bottle I bought was actually white wine and it was $12).

1 small splash of old red wine in my fridge (this is not mandatory)

1 carton of red raspberries (washed)

1 peach (sliced)

1 cup of watermelon (cubed)

2 limes (Sliced)

6 tablespoons of agave

6 tablespoons of triple sec

Directions :: 
1. Wash and slice fruit.


2. Layer fruit in a large pitcher.


3. Measure in triple sec and agave, and pour the entire wine bottle in. Leave to chill in the fridge 3+ hours.

4. Drink. But not too much. That'd be way too easy. (For the record, I only had two large glasses because it ran out too quickly. I guess I should've been expecting that ;P).

0 comments:

Post a Comment