So as your (possibly) lucky stars would have it, here's a second installment of my trip to Chicago over Labor Day weekend!

But yes, we almost went out without an umbrella, but decided to bring one at the last minute, which is obviously why it didn't rain since that's how the world tends to work. It actually ended up being really nice out...blue skies and all... and we got to see a lot of the cool Chicago sites like these giant pizza slices!
For lunch we junked out at Ed Debevic's like we did over winter break. I'm usually a healthy eater, but vacation is not one of those times for me. At E.D.'s we got milkshakes, mozzarella sticks, and french fries... yup. I perhaps maybe even drank two milkshakes because I couldn't decide between chocolate and vanilla!
(Just kidding! ;) The chocolate one was Le Copain's, although I did have a few sips.)
After E.D.'s, I felt like walking a bit of it off to attempt to stave off a food coma, which I seem to get more than most, and that's how we ended up in Crate and Barrel!
We actually spent 45 minutes in there, which we totally weren't expecting to do, but it was really fun! We checked out weird kitchen gadgets (it turns out they make measuring spoons for dashes, pinches, and smidgeons!), sat in big comfy chairs, tasted salt and pepper from test grinders (...on second thought that was just me :|), and read cocktail books with funnily named drinks (such as a Monkey Gland and a Multiple Orgasm (how scandalous!)).

Once we pulled ourselves out of Crate and Barrel, we checked out the Oak Street Beach for awhile.
It was so nice sitting by the water! Le Copain and I talked about anything and everything for over an hour ranging from deal breakers, kidnapping a very adorable Westie terrier..., and the anticipation of seeing our favorite double-date companions!
Speaking of those double-date companions, at night we went out for a double date at a pub with Amie M and Ami S! It was so so good to see them. It had been three months since last seeing both of them, but it didn't feel like anything had changed. That held true especially when we all went back to Le Copain's apartment and threw Cards Against Humanity, some funny texts to the other three amis, and some alcohol in. Go figure!
And that includes this installation of my Labor Day weekend in Chicago. As your (possibly) even luckier stars have it, there's one more part to come. Do stay tuned! xo




0 comments:
Post a Comment