October 28, 2014

The Birthday List :: 22.11 (Part 1) :: Cook More From Recipes - Tortilla Soup

First let me say that I've decided that this birthday list item will have five parts because:

1. Recipes is a plural word.

2. Five is a good number of recipes to add to my repertoire, because it's the number of days in a work week.

3. Also, what's better than making some novel warm, delicious food as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder?!?


First up? Tortilla soup, which I've only had a handful of times in my life, but have recently been craving like no other.

I followed this recipe minus the added salt (vegetable stock already has tons) and I used canola oil since it has a more neutral taste than olive oil. As for the soup, it was so easy and good!! I consumed all of it within a day and I think I could make it from memory. There's not much (nothing?) to screw up. (Just don't rub your face after cutting up the jalapeƱo. (I did that...)).

Next up? Perhaps homemade ravioli.

Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment