October 29, 2014

A Chronology Of Homemade Halloween Costumes

I can't remember the last Party City/commercial Halloween costume I bought. 
It could've been when I was Princess Amadala from Star Wars and perfectly matched Le Frére's Darth Maul costume in 2nd or 3rd grade. That was quite the costume... 

Needless to say, I've become a homemade costume kind of girl over the years. I figured I'd go through all of the ones from recent years past in case you're in a rut because being perfectly honest, I kind of am at the moment too! 

Halloween 2008

Flapper (insert gratuitous "I hardly know her!"). Made complete with a black dress, fringed shawl, head piece (cleverly made by sixteen year old me with a ribbon and vintage clip-on earring, and pearls. Lots and lots of pearls. 


Spirit Week (Cartoon Day) 2009
Not Halloween, but another round of homemade costumes: a rag tag Peanuts team. Pretty sure you can figure these all out. 

Halloween 2009
I was a snowgirl. Hopefully that's not too confusing without a carrot nose, but it turns out inconspicuously attaching a carrot to your face without the use of super glue is pretty hard. 

In the above picture, we also have two dinos and a Griffindorian. Amies, you're pretty good at homemade Halloween costumes too ;p

Halloween 2011
My first real college Halloween. I was an Audrey Hepburn, complete with a black dress, sunglasses, and pearls again! It was awkward when another Audrey showed up to the party...

Halloween 2012
One of many firsts in a new relationship is the first Halloween with matching costumes. We decided to be a double rainbow. You know... like the video/song! I think we pulled off our first year with matching costumes pretty well.

Halloween 2013
Perhaps my favorite costume to date... French people!! Made complete with beret's, red scarves, and neutral colored shirts. The baguette was a fun touch too. Especially when drunk people started eating it at the bars even though it had kind of been everywhere...

As for Halloween 2014... stay tuned/(HELP!)... ideas are still in progress... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment