October 10, 2014

New York Minutes 11 :: Links

Happy Friday afternoon! I just had the craziest scramble getting to the bus I'm currently taking to Boston and need someone to rant to, so naturally I'll type it up for all the world to read..

I left my office, forty-five minutes prior to my bus leaving to catch the E train which said it had good service... I waited for 10 minutes and then found out the E train service was in fact bad. Then I ran some. Took a cab in crazy midtown traffic some. And ran some more. All with two large bags. Now I'm on the bus and trying to find my zen again because freaking out that you're going to miss a bus while blowing $20 on a cab is stressful. But yes. Bus. Zen. Friday. Boston. Weekend. It's alright. Things worked out.

As for this week...

01. On Monday morning, I woke up at 5:30am to workout before work. Ouch you say? I agree.

02. On my way to work on Monday, I saw Bastille perform Pompeii. It was just as good in person.

03. On Monday night, the lovely mother and I ate tapas and saw Fleetwood Mac at MSG. You knew that, but it was so good!

04. Tuesday was busy. I even got interviewed! (By Ami L for a grad school project).

05. I finished Allegiant. Started The Vacationers as well as The Fellowship of the Ring.

06. On Wednesday night I did some straight chillin'. Fo' realin'. Netflix. Eating. Video chatting. Etc.

07. Dinnered in the city at Grand Central on Thursday.

08. Today at work was surprisingly busy.

09. And now I'm on a bus (after the whole ordeal described above) and off to Boston to visit the ever-so-lovely Amie DT! Wishing you all lovely weekends... xo!

Links ::
01. A reading list.

02. Easier, but perhaps more thought provoking than a book club.

03. A bright idea for a swing. (This pun was obviously intended).

04. Fancy flight. Very cool, but a little too extravagant for me.

05. This looks delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I have had that exact same thing happen with the E train trying to get to both a bus and an Amtrak - talk about stressful! And when the UN is in session, forget about it!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! I guess at least I know it's a thing now.
      Sorry you had to go that too, although it's nice to know I'm not the only one it's ever happened to :|. Don't know if I'll be able to take the E train anytime soon after that somewhat traumatizing experience though!

      Delete