October 24, 2014

New York Minutes 13

Sorry I've left you hanging this week (and kind of last week too). I admit that I'm kind of failing in the blog department of my life at the moment. I'll try harder next week... for both our sakes. Life stuff is good though. It's finally starting to feel like fall in the city, which is nice. As for this week...

01. I convinced the amis to do New Year's in New York! (We were all going to celebrate together either way, but I was pulling for New York so I had a few days home over winter break).

02. On Monday I had a dysfunctional evening. After I worked out, I got to the train station and realized I left my car keys in the pocket of a coat I left at work so had to go back to work. That kind of sucked.

03. Since I had to walk all the way back to work, I figured I'd get myself a $3.00 dinner at 2 Bros Pizza. Two pieces of pizza, a can of rootbeer... it hit the spot so hard.

04. On Tuesday, Amie DB and I met up at the Cornell Club for dinner after we did our respective workouts! It was really nice and tasty.

05. At work I sit near the Lowe's team. They've been gearing up for the Christmas season since Black Friday is only a month away and somehow acquired a blowup penguin. There was a poll to name it which was pretty funny. "Puck" was the winner.

06. On Wednesday I made tortilla soup! I had been meaning to make it for so long and suddenly started craving it. It was such a good call/so easy. Recipe to follow!

07. I was so bad at waking up for work in the morning. I took the train after the train I usually take three out of five days.

08. I kept on keeping on with the Fellowship of the Ring and then started Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl because I'm that kind of girl who reads the book that everyone else is reading.

09. On Thursday I finally acquired a plain white tee. I haven't had one since high school and that one fit awkwardly and got stained at some point. But plain white tees... they make getting dressed so wonderfully easy.

10. And this weekend? I'm off (yet again) to Rochester this time to celebrate both my lovely grandmother's birthdays. Should be a fun one. Hope you all have good ones too! xo


PS: Sorry for the lack of links and pics. And perhaps the bad grammar. I promise I'll try harder next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment