The plan was to try harder at this thing this week, but then after Monday work got crazy and... that's all I've got.
Here's the play-by-play of this week:
01. On Monday, Amie DB and I had one of our favorite cheap city hangouts. Old news to those who live in the city, but for those who don't, there's this place called 2 Bros Pizza that has cheese slices for a dollar a pop. Like you can't even get that in the middle of nowhere New York!! Before we met up, I bought four slices (which I stored in my locker when I went to the gym...) and afterwards, I met Amie DB at her work's lounge where we had cold pizza and free colder beer. It was quite the nicest way to start off the week.
02. I'm still reading the Twilight Saga. That's a thing. I'm halfway through Eclipse now. #TeamJacob
03. On Wednesday, work picked up so much. So much so that on Thursday, I was doing stuff non-stop, looked at the clock at two, and realized that I forgot to eat lunch.
04. On Thursday I also had a weird city encounter. I was walking in the middle of a large, mostly empty sidewalk, and looking down at my phone to check my train time and suddenly some crazy woman was right in front of me and was screaming that I was an effing bitch for not looking up. We could get into the whole "Don't walk and cellphone" argument, but it made me feel better that the people walking behind me were just as freaked out and confused as I was.
05. Chocolate chip cookies happened one night. They were tasty (and are thankfully not gone yet).
06. Did some early online Christmas shopping. December should be a mostly stress-free month. Also, I'd prefer not to do the Black Friday thing.
07. This week in particular, I have thought so much about the future and what I want and what I want to do and going back to school. It all started when I was biking at the gym last week. (Oh the places my mind wanders when all I have to stare at is Mad Money with Jim Cramer...)
08. I have also thought a bunch about how I need a beauty routine. I don't slack in too many areas in my life I don't think, but day-to-day beauty is definitely one of them.
09. I figured out that I could watch Netflix on my phone at work! By watch, I mean listen as I update huge Excel spreadsheets, but it makes it not as painful.
10. Tonight I went to the gym and it has habe a quiet night (full of cookies and Gilmore Girls), but tomorrow night, Amie L, Amie DB, and I are going to being doing some of this ;)
Wishing you a lovely one!
Links ::
01. Ellen is always my fave.
02. One night while videochatting this week, Le Copain surprised me with the fact that Snow White is only 14 years old! Am I the only one who didn't realize how young Disney princesses are?!
03. So much wanderlust.
04. A very complete Thanksgiving guide.
05. The intensity/ridiculousness of this... oh my.



Extreme wheelbarrowing? LOL
ReplyDeleteMy day-to-day beauty routine needs a boost too. I had this awful moment of realisation where I was like "I have no style. I never do anything special to my hair. When's the last time I changed up my makeup? When did I stop caring?" ahhh no good.