On Sunday morning, Amie DB and I explored Brooklyn!

By explored, I mean she was my tour guide, which was nice because my familiarity with Brooklyn is like a 4. On a scale from 0 to 100. (I will take credit for suggesting our brunch destination though!)
The first stop was The Brooklyn Farmacy for brunch. Like how can you explore on an empty stomach?! (Trick question... you can't!)
I got an egg cream and a grilled cheese, which came with ketchup. I totally dipped my sandwich in ketchup because that seemed suiting. Also I might be turning into a Midwesterner. Or a hipster. You can never tell in Brooklyn.
This place was so darling though. There was live Andrew Bird-like music, and right behind our table, a daddy-daughter banana split date was taking place. We took a creeper picture, aka: the type where you want a picture of a stranger so you have someone take a picture with you sort of in it, but then crop yourself out after the fact. Please tell me I'm not the only person who does that. Well I guess I can take solace in Amie DB doing it too. But isn't it the sweetest? I'm smiling now just looking at it :)
After brunching, we walked down to the pier where Smorgasborg takes place and strolled around.
We found some fun brightly colored shipping crates.
And maybe had too much fun. Amie DB embraced the rust like a hipster/like a strange friend we had in high school. I embraced the Instagram logo... and obviously Instagrammed that picture haha.

And that was pretty much it for a morning exploring in Brooklyn. It was a great and adventurous time! I'm not sure if I'd prefer to live there over Manhattan, but Brooklyn certainly is a lovely place!




Bahahhaa. I know exactly what you mean by having someone take your photo so you can get what's going on in the back. I'd love to visit The Brooklyn Farmacy. Yumm.
ReplyDelete:] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
YES! Glad other people do it too. ;)
DeleteSuch a cute travel diary! We missed out on Brooklyn when we were in NY. Saving it for next time!
ReplyDeleteXX,
S. Roderick
www.currenthabits.com