December 9, 2014

Black Friday Treasures

Even though I didn't participate in Black Friday (I'm not really that type),  I acquired some really cool things from both my grandmothers' houses on that fine day, so I figured I'd share my little trove of history (and other anecdotes) here.


01. A Picture Of My Grandma, Her Sister, And Her Cousins From The 1930's
I love this picture. My grandma is third from the left and her sister is the one to her right. Everything about this picture looks so classic including the frilly socks and the chocolate milk with straws.

02. An Authentic Norwegian Ski Sweater & Hat
A (hand-me-down) souvenir set from my grandma's trip to Norway in the early1950's, when she studied in France on a Fulbright Scholarship. Clearly this one required a selfie ;)

03. A Set Of Depression Era Glass Candlesticks
These (and many other rose-colored Depression Era place settings) have been sitting in my grandma's basement for 15+ years.  They belonged to my great grandmother Rosalie, which I keep thinking is funny because Rosealie's favorite color was appropriately rose.

04. A Mini-Cuisinart
My other grandma loves to go to estate sales because one of her favorite things in life is probably walking through other peoples' decorate houses. Like she even loved seeing both my ground floor college apartments and my sophomore year dorm room!

At a sale a few years ago she discovered her first mini Cuisinart food processor, and I'm convinced that she has picked up just about every single one of those on the Rochester estate sale circuit since. Finally it was my turn to receive one and I'm happy to say that it's seeming pretty handy so far.

2 comments:

  1. The sweater and the hat are sooo cute and they fit you well! :)

    ReplyDelete