December 8, 2014

The Birthday List :: 22.08 :: Give Up Sugar For A Week

This is likely going to be a boring post, but it's part of my birthday list so I'm going to include it here.

This past week, I finally cut sugar (and cane juice, molasses, honey, high fructose corn syrup, agave, maple syrup, and foods containing these) out of my diet for a week! I had (almost) no slip-ups, no symptoms of withdrawal. It was good. But now it's time to partayy and drink hot chocolate and eat chocolate and cake until the cows come home! #Kiddingnotkidding

As for my recent rejuvenation and new outlook on life? I actually feel the same as I did a week ago, but I'm glad I tried this for a week and am thinking I'll resume consume sugar daily, but probably less than I use to, so all in all this was a win.

As for the past week, my typical sugar free day went something like this...

  • Breakfast - Oatmeal with spices, figs, and walnuts.
  • Lunch - Cut-up boiled potatoes with balsamic dressing (or ravioli with olive oil and black pepper) and a banana. 
  • Dinner - Garlicky collard greens, a poached egg, and chips and salsa. Always lots of chips and salsa.
  • Other - Tea. More chips and salsa. Cheese and crackers. Homemade applesauce. Wine.
(My one slip-up was with an after dinner mint on Saturday night. So dumb. Lol.)

Overall it wasn't too bad...there may however be some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in the works later today ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment