December 15, 2014

Santacon!

On Saturday, three of the amies and I met up in the city and participated in Santacon! We were going to keep it low key and just get a quick drink at one Santacon approved bar before going to the Brooklyn Brewery for a tasting and a tour, but Santacon sucked us in! With all the Santas, elves, reindeers, grinches, snowmen, and gingerbread men it was hard not to be! 

On Saturday morning, the brother and I got ready and took the train together into the city (six day commute ftw!). At Grand Central, the brother and I parted ways when he met up with his college friends and I met up with Amie L.

Before meeting up with everyone else, Amie L and I wandered around the wonderful Christmas market at Bryant Park. It was so festive and there were so many incredible booths. There were soaps that looked good enough to eat and chocolates that looked too good to eat and many other crafts, gifts, and foods too.

We also had a very brief stint in a way (way way) too crowded beer hall... yup. I've actually wanted to go there for awhile, but during Santacon wasn't a good call.  

Once we pushed through the crowd at the beer hall, Amie L and I met up with Amie AB, Amie DB, and Amie DB's boyfriend who was in town(!!) at their friends' apartment for a little cheer before going out downtown. 

On a side note: I'm not sure if they like hanging out with me (especially when I go on about things like I've always known them and always want to take a bunch of couple-y pictures where there may be some pickups and stuff ;p), but I love hanging out with the all boyfriends of the amies! Besides for them all being really nice and interesting guys, I feel like I get a whole new dimension as to who my friends are by seeing who they date and their relationship with their significant other and I think that's really cool for being friends for more than ten (or fifteen) years. The amies did good. Real good. 

We made it to a very "chill" bar downtown (after being serenaded with Feliz Navidad on the subway by a mariachi band who hopped on and noticed our Santa get-ups!) where there were still tables, places to put our coats, and decent whiskey sours (my go to drink). There was also no line for the women's bathroom and a huge line for the guy's bathroom, which was so out of the ordinary and the amies and I all loved it!

The night ended up with Amie A and I heading back to Westchester by first accidentally walking in the wrong direction for twenty minutes and then getting Chipotle to eat on the train home, because didn't you know that Santa's like Chipotle too?! o<|;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment