December 19, 2014

The Birthday List :: 22 For Year 22 (In Review)

I've made it to the edge of twenty-two.
I only have three more days until twenty-three (including today) and some obligatory reflections on this past year will come Monday once this year of life is behind me, but below is my 22nd birthday list progress (and non-progress too), if you'd care to view...

01. Make sourdough bread 
I did. It wasn't very good/didn't rise enough. I've had the starter in my fridge for awhile though so should probably try again. 

02. Have the amis over to my apartment because I never have.
We had a wine and cheese party and played charades. It was so good! 

03. See Ami T (My BFF when I went to UVM) 

No. :(

04. Find a pair of high quality leather-looking vegan riding boots (yes that was a lot of adjectives in one sentence). 

Harder than it sounds. Maybe next year. 

05. Graduate from Cornell with a higher GPA than I had in high school 

Check and check. 

06. Decorate my living space(s) 
This was written mostly with the intent that I'd be living in an apartment after I graduated, so no. Not yet, but soon!

07. New laptop (I’m officially at 6 years on the one I have…!?)

Yup! 

08. Give up sugar for a week. (I’m seriously addicted). 

I did the week of Sunday November 30th to Saturday December 6th. 

09. Go to Chicago 
I did! Three times!
(See here, here (1, 2, 3), and here (1, 2)!)


10. Update my winter wardrobe a bit (specifically a longer, puffier coat) 
Yup. I got a used one on eBay the other week. 

11. Cook from recipes more (specifically make enchiladas) 

Tortilla Soup 
Made these... They didn't come out very well :(
Vegetarian Buffalo Wings

12. Put a picture of Le Copain in the locket he gave me last year for my birthday. 
Surprisingly hard, but I kind of did it with only a few days to spare.  I printed it on a regular colored printer at work the other day. I'll have to remember not to shower with it on. Lol.

13. Meditate more. 

No.

14. Be a “warmer” person 

This is hard to measure. Sometimes I definitely was. Sometimes I definitely wasn't. 

15. Possibly move my blog back to a bloggier website upon graduation 

You're here now, aren't you? 

16. Find something to study in my spare time when I’m out of college (ie: a language, computer programming, guitar, sewing, … something)

Not that I've started, but I'd like to start studying for grad school tests. I got the finding part down though...

17. Get a job for next year :O

Check.

18./19./20./21. Do things I didn’t do from a past birthday list. (aka: cop out)

-18. Buy a Custom Stamper (#9 from year 21)
 I made cards ;) 
19. Watch Anchorman, Wall-E, and The Godfather (#9 from year 20)
20. Nope
21. Nope

22. I’ll let you know if I get to this one
Nope. 

Total: 14/22

P.S: Stay tuned for 23 For Year 23 on Monday ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment