December 22, 2014

The Birthday List :: 23 Things For Year 23

I don't know about thee, but I'm feeling twenty-three! (Hoping you sang that!)

Today is my birthday, and I worked... but at my ski instructing job because good birthdays always include skiing in my opinion ;)

As for year twenty-two, it was pretty okay. It had a few more rough patches than the average year, but also many more wonderful moments too. All it has to do with change and if I accepted or resisted it. (Still learning there...)

As for year twenty-three, I'm looking forward to it. For moving into a New York City apartment. For traveling more. For seeing how my career progresses. All in all, for learning more about myself and the world, because I think that's all you can really hope for in a year of life.

Now without further ado, the birthday list (be sure to check back for progress!):

01. Visit California and road trip on Highway 1 between San Diego and Napa.

02. Visit my aunt, uncle, and two cousins in Singapore.
Completed June 12th - 20th

03. Go to the Belmont Stakes.
Completed June 6th. 

04. Spend a day in every New York City boro. (Even you, Staten Island!)

05. Build a well-stocked bar. 

06. Find somewhere to volunteer. 

07. Take the GREs and/or LSATs

Completed February 1st. 

09. Decorate a New York City apartment!

10. Make a list of twenty or more places to eat in New York City and eat at at least half of them.

11. Make my own baking extracts.

12. Get promoted. Or a raise. Or to travel more for work. Or invited to more things with free food.

13. Be able to run five miles or more without knee pain.

14. Make it through all eight minutes of 8 minute abs (because I'm at 1.5 now...)

15. Get into a beauty routine... because I didn't imagine life as an adult would entail simply brushing my hair and teeth and maybe putting on lipstick.

16. Buy a breathalyzer. Safe is always better than sorry!

17. Work on this blog some more. Maybe even give it its own domain! Maybe.

18. Hike (at least) three more Adirondack high peaks.

19. Finish all the Netflix shows I'm in the middle of. (Gilmore Girls, Breaking Bad, Grey's Anatomy).

20. / 21. / 22. / 23. Knock off a few I never got to in past years.
And now before I go I have one question!
Have you ever made a similar list for a year of life or New Years or a new year of school or anything? What was on it? I'd love to know. It's never too early to start planning for year twenty-four!

1 comments:

  1. I hope you get to visit California! The Pacific Coast Highway is so pretty but the road is windy!
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete