January 1, 2015

2014! :: Part 1

I meant to do this last year, but never did. The law of averages certainly applied during this year, but thankfully the good moments are what stand out in my mind. This year was a busy one so I figured I'd recap it in two parts. Starting off here's the recap from January through June:

JANUARY seems so long ago. It started with a New Year's celebration in Brooklyn. After, I went to Michigan to visit Le Copain and celebrate his birthday. Le Copain and I went to Chicago together (during the polar vortex!) for one of his med school interviews and explored the city (I also got to see Amie S in Evanston too!). Once I was home from the Midwest, I ski instructed a bunch before going back to Cornell, and then started my last semester before graduating.

FEBRUARY was a fun month full of lots of little events. Among them included: A "Would You Still be Friends with Me If..." Party, my third Valentine's Day with Le Copain <3, some silly nights, with the amis), midnight sledding in the Cornell Planations, eating lots of chili at Ithaca's chili fest, skiing at Greek Peak with Ami L, watching the Olympics (loved them!), as well as the amis and I holding our very own Olympics... of the beer variety ;)

MARCH was not a particularly eventful month. I moved my blog over to Blogger, played too much 2048, and ran my first sub-seven-minute mile in almost four years despite knee issues. I also went thrifting in the Ithaca Commons with one of the lovely roommates, celebrated the other lovely roommate's birthday, ate lots of ice cream at the Cornell Dairy Bar, and went home/skiing at Gore for spring break.

In APRIL I got back slightly early from spring break and Le Copain and I watched Frozen and sang the songs for a week straight (because that's what 22 year olds do). I got my first haircut in over a year, hosted a wine and cheese party, went to one of the amie's wonderful art exhibits, and went out for a lovely night with the roommates.


MAY was one of the busiest months of my life. I'm gonna bullet this one.

In JUNE I got back into the home groove, albeit a very slow one. I kind of wish all the events of May and all the down time of June were more split between the two months. As for things that actually happened, I saw a bunch of the amies and had two NYC interviews before getting hired! Towards the end of the month I went on some adventures to the beach at Coney Island and to the High Peaks in the Adirondacks where I hiked 6 different high peaks with Ami L, and Le Copain got into med school!

Stay tuned for Part 2! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great (first half of) 2014! I love your style, and your lipstick in that one selfie is such a good look!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you!
    Happy New Year to you too - hoping it's full of wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete