March 3, 2015

City Bakery!

My winter bucket list this year hasn't been very extensive. Besides skiing some glades and moving into an apartment (not exactly wintry), the only other thing on my list was to drink hot chocolate at City Bakery, which finally happened on Saturday afternoon!

City Bakery was well worth the wait. Rich hot chocolate along a salty pretzel croissant made for the tastiest of afternoon snacks. 

I only got a picture of the Amie L, but amies AB and V made the trip into the city to join us too, which was awesome because I love having all my amies in the same town. Especially in a town like NYC where there's always fun stuff to do. 

This was the bottom of my cup. I thought the drippings looked a bit like trees...
You obviously had to see it too. 

The day we happened to go was the last day of hot chocolate month, which was their hot chocolate "festival" day. Every 15 minutes, they'd serve up a new flavor of hot chocolate that had previously been served during the month. I didn't try any of the special ones but the, but I hope to next year! There was also music behind City Bakery's juice bar when we were leaving to perhaps commemorate the festival which I thought was pretty funny. It felt straight out of Brooklyn. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment