This weekend was a good (albeit tiring one). Here are some brief scenes from it...

On Friday night, Amie DB and I had our apartment warming party! We were really excited, but a little apprehensive to entertain so many in our small space, but it turned out really great.
After work, we ran around like crazy cleaning the apartment, putting out snacks, trying to eat dinner, and putting together four different drinks (with the help of Amie AB and one Amie DB's friends). We served cosmos, bourbon sours, margaritas, and Moscow mules. The party started at 8 and we talked and ate and drank, and come midnight, headed to our neighborhood bar with a smaller crowd and had some delicious craft beer.
On Saturday, Amie AB had the wonderful idea of going to see a show at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. The two of us met up with one of her college friends and saw a show called Harold. Taking inspiration from the audience, two different improv groups performed shorts firstly about Flubber and then about a Groundhog-Day-like world where people in a town had to attend weddings everyday of their lives. Some of the show was weird, some of it was was funny, but I'm still in awe of how all the actors were able to seamlessly piece together stories on the spot. I'm almost thinking I'd like to try my hand at some improv at some point if only to work on my speaking on the spot (which I'm admittedly horrible at).
After the show, Amie AB, her ami J, and I went to The Chelsea Market, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite NYC spots, even if they never have tables. I had a spiced cauliflower sandwich from Num Pang along with a Thai basil soda and my only complain was that I didn't have room for gelato after. Haha.
After Chelsea Market we went to walk lunch off though on The High Line. It was a very gray drizzly day, but it was still a pretty one. Especially the views of The Empire State Building in the clouds.
As for the rest of the weekend, it was a quiet one. Amie AB headed back to Westchester and I headed home for a nap (since I stayed up until 3:30 am on Friday night, which is becoming an out-of-the-ordinary thing as of late). I also caught up on The Mindy Project, spent some quality time with my other favorite Joe, went to the gym, and napped some more.
How was your weekend?







0 comments:
Post a Comment