March 13, 2015

This Week

Oh happy Friday to one, oh happy Friday to all!

Going into this week, I wrote myself a to-do list in my Gmail drafts (that happens to be where I where I keep all my notes/lists). I'm not usually unproductive per se, but this week I felt as if I needed an extra push because tonight Amie DB and I are finally having our apartment warming! Even though we've settled in a ton since we moved in on February 1st, there's a lot we have been putting off... like buying a shower curtain. Yup. We had been taking showers without a shower curtain for almost a month and a half, but kept justifying putting it off because even though it got the floor really wet, it helped humidify our dry apartment. We still have a ways to go, but we're so close to getting there.

As for some things from this week...
On Monday, my office had a panel talk for International Women's Day. The Executive director of global marketing at GE, the executive producer of Project Runway, and a writer for The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Colbert Report spoke. It was an odd mix of women, but it was so interesting and wonderful.

Per a new project at work, I got to spend the afternoon at The New York Distilling Company on Wednesday learning about local spirits and the distilling process. I also got to taste some too! Rock and Rye is delicious for the record. At this point of the year I feel like I can basically check off #12 on this list for traveling (even if it's Brooklyn) and eating (even if it's actually drinking ;p).

Amie DB and I installed shelves in our kitchen which are super basic but we both keep constantly admiring how they add some character to this space and the fact that we did it ourselves.

I also made more banana bread, didn't finish (or even start) the one book I told myself on my to-do list that I'd read this week, and watched the finale of The Bachelor at 6:30 am with Amie DB on Tuesday morning in hopes that we wouldn't find out who was chosen at work during the day lol.

And I think that's about all.
How was your week? Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? Perhaps more importantly, what'd you think of The Bachelor finale?! (Amie DB and I were big fans.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment