Have you ever been to a "Paint Nite"? Last Friday, my lovely college roommate Amrita, one of her friends, and I went to one! I had heard of it before and wasn't sure if I'd like copying something someone else had painted, but it turned out to be a pretty fun night nite. Below are some snippets of it...
The painting we did was done in steps. The instructor would teach a step and then make his way around to everyone in the room before moving onto the next step. After step two, my paint water and my drink look suspiciously the same color. I thankfully didn't make the mistake of putting my brush into the wrong cup or drinking from the wrong cup though!
For a basic painting, copying someone else's work takes a lot of concentration, but like most art is kind of therapeutic at the same time.
Above are the final products. I wasn't expecting to like mine much, but I mostly did. I even got some compliments on it on the subway ride home later that night.
After painting we got cookies. I don't usually choose cookies when I go out for dessert, but this funfetti one (with coarse sea salt inside!) was the best I've had in the longest time. I could go for a print of this on my wall too lol. Something about rainbow sprinkles always makes me so so happy.
When I got home on Friday night, I ended up putting my painting on the mantelpiece in my room. I pretty much swore before we painted anything that the canvas would probably be stored under my bed upon finishing it, but nope, it's on display for the world to see.
Also... 100% unrelated, but I just realized that I have gone more than 23 years of my life calling a "mantlepiece" a "mantleplace". I didn't realize that was wrong until my computer just autocorrected me.
Oh
To the
Dear.









Mantleplace hehehe... makes sense though since you do use it to place things on! Looks like fun :)
ReplyDeleteAh that came out awesome! I love that these fun painting classes are popping out. Totally gets people involved in art and is like "hey you can make art + have fun just so you know." :)
ReplyDeletedoitfortheirony.com / Creative blog for the future obsessed.