April 14, 2015

EASTER SUNDAY IN BROOKLYN

When Joe was here the other weekend, we spent Easter Sunday walking around Williamsburg and Greenpoint and eating lots. There wasn't anything Eastery about our day so I think I'll call it Feaster Sunday instead.

We started our adventures with burgers and fries in Williamsburg because ain't nobody got time for adventuring on an empty stomach. We sat near a window and were able to people watch, which was great. Williamsburg is soo hipster. I kind of love it. I've only been a few times, but I always forget to "dress the part" and end up looking like I'm from Manhattan. Maybe next time.

After lunch, we went to The Brooklyn Brewery! It's been on my list of NYC things to do for the longest time and after all the stuff I've done at work to promote New York State breweries it seemed like it was about time that I made it there.

Joe and I each had a beer and went on a quick but really interesting tour where the guide described how the beer is made and the history. It was definitely a great day trip. While I'm at it I better thrown in a complementary #ThinkNYDrinkNY.


After the brewery, we finished our day at Van Leeuwen's Ice Cream, which a co-worker who lives in the Greenpoint recommended. Salted caramel and earl grey for me. Yum-O!

And on that note...
Cheers!
Hoping you had a good Easter. Or Feaster. Or Passover. Or Sunday. 

1 comments: