July 21, 2015

Thousand Islands 2015 :: Part 2


So where did I leave off?

Day 3. That's right.
On the third morning in the 1000 Islands (to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas, of course), Joe and I went for a shorter hike to the water tower. Joe is such a good sport for letting me drag him out on adventure after adventure (whilst letting me taking funny pictures of him). This hike was pretty short and actually over before we knew it. On our way back, we managed to take a trail right into someone's backyard and the hike was over like that!

After the hike we got ice cream and sat out in the sun along the water before an impromptu jump into the river. (More like I begged him to be "spontaneous" with me for fifteen minutes before he caved, but we both enjoyed it).

Just a few "postcard worthy" images. I could totally see that middle one as a "Wish You Were Here"

(A vision is a vision.)

Joe's bartender. Dare I say that he was pint-sized?  

Our next adventure of the day was golfing. I figured it was only fair that I joined, since Joe had already gone on so many of the adventures I wanted to go on.

My mom got a par! 

Joe did too! 

I didn't, but here's me looking all professional.
(Spoiler Alert: It was the first shot of a hole where you have a tee so hitting the ball is 20x easier.)

 

More of me looking professional (and slightly blurry)! Because I'm all about looking professional (and slightly blurry?) ;p

All in all golf wasn't too bad (even though I was pretty bad). I took a bunch of chunks out of the golf course with my swings, lost track of my score, and sometimes had to pass off my real swings where I totally missed as "practice swings", but that's what learning golf is. I also think I'll judge people who watch golf on TV a little bit less now. 

The rest of our trip involved a lot of the same great sort of stuff as before. Walks around the island, swimming, kayaking, familying. All so good. 

On our last night my family had a picnic on one of the greens like we usually do. This picture is so good. It's Hannah being sad about being left out of Joe and Conner's bromance and all I can think is, Me too Hannah, me too haha

And here are a just a few more from our last night: 


And this one is from Sunday morning at Church. 
Since it's a pavillion-style church, sometimes people bring their small dogs. Someone's dog got loose and they didn't catch it for 10 minutes since it went back in the wings! Everyone was laughing so much. 

And that was 2015's trip to the Thousand Islands. A wonderful one as always. I love the Thousand Islands and my family. We've got something good going and it's nice to always want to go back each year.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Love your pictures!! Dogs in church! I love it!!

    Danielle

    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete