Hello? Hello. Hello!
Thanks for stopping by on this fine Tuesday!
After work on one of the last Fridays in July, Amie AB, Amie DB, and I took the train out of the city together and spent the evening at the Captain Lawrence Brewery.
To get to the brewery, you have to drive to the back of warehouse complex parking lot, which isn't sketchy at all (#YesItIs). However, once you get out of your car, if you follow the sound of people and music, you turn a corner and then find yourself in a little oasis of a beer garden!
We sat in the beer garden sipping on samples of beer and listening to live music until the place shut down (Nine o'clock as Westchestians do lol). It was such a good end to the week.

We also couldn't get enough of this English bulldog (!!!).
Late Friday evening there were a series of massive thunderstorms, but on Saturday afternoon the weather cleared up so Amie DB and I hiked near the Bear Mountain Bridge.

After our hike, we went to King Kone because you cannot go to Northern Westchester in the summer without stopping by King Kone. Soft-serve twists with rainbow sprinkles for both of us = heaven.
We then met Amie AB again for more beers at our beloved Lazy Boy Saloon which has more than 50 beers on tap at any given time. We tried a maple cider, a strawberry beer that tasted like Capri Sun (yikes!), and a quadruple IPA among others before heading back to the city.
Then Sunday in the city... It was so darn hot, but I got out to run some errands.
I ventured down to SoHo to pick up a lovely print and get that plus another one framed.
Then on the verge of heat exhaustion (eww) I stopped by Popbar for the tastiest popsicle, then went to the gym before hibernating for the rest of the day.Amie DB and I sat in our dark apartment while as our little AC chugged and chugged and we watched The Bachelorette and Inside Amy Schumer.
Then after being so inspired by my popsicle earlier in the day I made even tastier popsicles!
Peach Vanilla Bourbon. Oh my. They were delicioso. If you take any of my advice ever it's this... get yourself an ice pop maker for the rest of the summer. It's so worth it.
Peach Vanilla Bourbon Popsicles
Ingredients
1 Pound of Peel/Pitted Peaches
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon bourbon
Directions
1. Combine water and sugar to make simple syrup (I just stirred instead since my apartment was 90 degrees)
2. Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into an ice pop mold of your choosing, insert popsicle sticks, then freeze.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and the overdue July weekend dump!













0 comments:
Post a Comment