September 3, 2015

Quiet Weekends

Because I'm always late to the blog party, here's some stuff from practically three weekends ago.... 
This is going to sound so lame, but when I have weekends without much planned, especially those without any plans on Friday night, I get kind of sad about not having work. Although it didn't happen last weekend and won't happen this coming weekend, it's been happening more lately. My own fault, really.

The other Friday, just before work let out, my boss, my new Australian co-worker, and I met for a meeting and just ended up getting beers and going through everything really quickly. That's the ad life right there my amies.

After I left work, I grabbed myself some cereal milk soft-serve with cornflake crunch at Momofuku (total yum!) and then I took a long walk home through Central Park.

Home wasn't too bad or lonely. I was tired, so I didn't clean my apartment as I had planned to, but watched all of Wet Hot American Summer (both the show and the movie) on Netflix, per my brother and coworker's recommendations.

Saturday was a lot of the same except I didn't exactly do anything during the day besides nap and watch Netflix. That is until 7:30.

That's when I raged.

(Jk lolol.)

I went and got my eyebrows threaded for the first time (one of my college roommates swears by it), bought a roll of paper towels across the street to deep clean my kitchen floor after someone spilled an entire thing of Mountain Dew on it while I was away (cough, Dan), and then decided I needed to get out even more.


So I ended up trekking across the park to Trader Joe's to take advantage of their not-so-long Saturday night lines and only waited 5 minutes. That's like a pretty big accomplishment for NYC Trader Joe's shopping jsyk.


I got home and then made a boatload of food for work lunches and had an Ithaca Apricot Wheat beer because it was Saturday night and because the college friends and I were all texting and sad we weren't together because it was move-in day at Cornell.

As for Sunday, it was much better and more productive. I finally deep cleaned my apartment and then met up with Amie AB and Amie L for brunch at Alice's Teacup! Scones, tea (I drank sooo much), and fun sandwiches with the crust removed! I'm one for crust, but something about removed crust screams tea-partaaayy, which I'm even more about than crusts!

After brunch, Amie AB and I decided to walk through the park and walked all the way from 80th Street to Grand Central.


I rarely venture past 72nd Street in Central Park, but it was so beautiful. I should really do it more. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment