
Last weekend, I spent a whopping four days in Chicago visiting Joe! Four days probably doesn't seem like much, but it's more than three days, which is my usual trip length and this trip felt less fleeting than they usually do.
Below are some moments in case you're interested...

Joe had classes on Thursday and Friday and besides watching lots of talkshows (I'm not sure why, but they've been a guilty pleasure of mine since my middle school days as a latchkey days), I got out for a walk along Lake Michigan, searched all three Streeterville Einstein Bros Bagels for a chocolate chip bagel (to no avail), and hung out with Joe's med school BFF's girlfriend.

Friday night, we went to a fundraiser for the student-run med clinic. It was in an art gallery, which was full of fun pop art and pop culture-inspired pieces and a a fun cheetah print (!) chair too. There was also some music, a few speeches, and Mediterranean food. A few random people at our table had never had falafel so we each got a half piece of falafel, cheers-ed, and had what was deemed a falafel "shot". This may come as a shock, but it wasn't even my idea!
Almost every time I'm in Chicago, Joe and I go to Rosebud and split an order of french toast. It's the best and so filling and always needs to be walked off afterwards. We decided to go to the park by Navy Pier and we walked (and jumped and flew) around.
My new mantra.
On Saturday night, we went out in Wicker Park (aka: Chicago Brooklyn) with Sam and Maggie, our BFFs from Cornell. I forgot where I read this recently, but the phrase "A shared memory evokes the best sort of laughter" is so true - we sure do have some crazy shared memories! We finally made it to a Mexican restaurant I've wanted to try since Memorial Day and I got a"walking taco" even though I was actually seated (...).



After dinner we went to a fancy martini bar and shared a bunch of not-too-strong martinis in awesome flavors like Almond Joy, Jolly Rancher, and PB&J and played games and then ended the night with some ice cream and beers as one does when out with college friends. ;)



Sunday (my last day) was pretty quiet. Joe and I went for a long walk to the Lincoln Park Zoo and ate ramen. Until next time (when you're frozen and require ten layers at all times), Chicago!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment